- Diced tomatoes: I personally love fire-roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies in this recipe but regular canned diced tomatoes work well, too! Reminder: don’t drain the liquid.
- Beef base: My favorite beef base is made by Better Than Bouillon which is available at most grocery stores, as well as Target, Walmart, Amazon, and Costco. You can also substitute 6 beef bouillon cubes in place of the beef base, just stir well to dissolve before pressure cooking.
- Trim and season the meat with salt and pepper
- Measure the spices and seasoning: chili powder, paprika, and beef base
- Dice the onion and chop the garlic
- Chop other ingredients you plan to eat with it
Involving little ones can decrease picky eating and increase appetite and willingness to try new foods. Here are a few ways they can help:
- Toddlers: Measure the spices; open canned diced tomatoes, juice the lime
- Little Kids: All of the above plus help chop the onion and garlic (closely supervised, of course)
- Big Kids: Give them the recipe and let them ask for help when needed!
Nutrition information calculated using top round roast (leaner) and full-sodium beef base.