- Bananas: The browner the better. Fresh, or frozen and defrosted both work!
- Flour: If you don’t have white whole wheat flour you can also use a combination of 1 cup all-purpose + ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- Mix-ins: Mix-ins generally increase baking time. If adding, expect your loaf to take closer to 70-75 minutes to bake. Chocolate chips contain added sugar so, if you choose to add them, your bread will have some added sugar, but still far less than the average loaf.
- Mash the bananas; refrigerate up to 2 days
- Measure your dry ingredients; okay to combine pumpkin spice blend, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in one bowl
Involving little ones can decrease picky eating and increase appetite and willingness to try new foods. Here are a few ways they can help:
- Toddlers: Help with peeling and mashing the bananas, grease bread pan with a paper towel and dollop of oil; whisk ingredients together, stir in flour and mix-ins
- Little Kids: Peel and mash the bananas, measure ingredients; pour batter into the pan
- Big Kids: All of the above
Nutrition info based on 1, 3-ounce slice made with melted coconut oil; mix-ins not included.