- Ground chicken: For juicer, more tender meatballs I recommend using ground chicken that contains at least 5-8% fat (95-92% lean).
- Parmesan cheese: Save time with fresh, pre-grated Parmesan (usually found in the fresh cheese section).
- For gluten-free chicken meatballs: Use gluten-free Panko instead of traditional Panko breadcrumbs
- Grate the onion and Parmesan cheese
- Pre-measure and combine dry ingredients into one bowl (Parmesan cheese, Panko, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper); store in the fridge for up to 5 days
Involving little ones can decrease picky eating and increase appetite and willingness to try new foods. Here are a few ways they can help:
- Toddlers: Measure the ingredients; mix ingredients together with their hands; help roll mixture into balls
- Little Kids: All of the above, plus they can help grate the onion (let them do the crying this time!)
- Big Kids: All of the above!
Store leftover chicken meatballs in an airtight food storage bag or container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, microwave meatballs for 30-60 seconds, or submerge in sauce, cover, and heat on the stovetop over medium-low heat until warmed through.
Nutrition information calculated using 92% lean ground chicken (8% fat)